2021 has seen an influx of new technology from leaders in the industry. Apple’s new iPad models (the upgraded entry-level iPad and iPad Mini) are its strongest yet, with faster processors and improved camera features. It has also increased its overall educational offering, with the launch of the Apple Teacher Portfolio to ‘champion teacher creativity’ when using its technology. In this article, we discuss the recent changes Apple has made to its iPads and how schools can use these devices to boost learning opportunities within the classroom.
What’s changed in the new iPad models?
The new 10.2-inch 2021 iPad has had a processor upgrade, for better performance. It now has an updated FaceTime camera, too. The iPad Mini 2021 has undergone the biggest change, with a brand-new design and Apple’s A15 Bionic processor (the processor that runs the iPhone 13 series).
How can iPads facilitate learning in the classroom?
Research has shown that iPads complement existing teaching methods. A study by Stranmillis University College in Northern Ireland monitored the progress of 650 students across two years. Using iPads in the classroom was found to have a positive impact on young children’s literacy, numeracy, and communication skills. This was especially true for boys, who showed more engagement in writing tasks when using an iPad, for example.
The new iPad models offer teachers many benefits, including:
- Versatility: The great thing about these devices is that you can choose how to use them. Students can write on them, or use a wide range of educational apps to carry out tasks and activities. No two days have to be the same when you have access to such a versatile piece of equipment!
- Interaction: iPads are great for boosting student engagement. As a teacher, you can host quizzes in which students answer questions via an app. Or you might want students to practice their handwriting with the Apple Pencil (a stylus compatible with the new iPad models). Practising letter formation on the screen has been shown to reinforce children’s fine motor skills. The interactive possibilities of iPads are virtually endless!
- Portability: You can take iPads anywhere! Unlike laptops or desktops, iPads have the added bonus of being portable. This makes them highly adaptable. iPads are light enough and have sufficient battery life to move them around your classroom, the school, or even off-site as required.
- Accessibility: You can adjust iPad settings to meet the needs of individual students. With mixed-ability classes, teachers can tailor assignments to students of different levels more easily. Teachers can monitor student progress easily too, making assessments more informative for them, and more fun for the kids!
We can help you upgrade your iPads!
Utility Rentals specialises in supplying equipment to the education sector. Our flexible leases allow your school to access high-quality equipment at a cost you can afford. We’ve worked in this sector for over thirty years, so compliant leasing is also always at the top of our agenda!
Our flexible leases for Apple’s new iPad models include:
- Fixed rental payments: spread the cost of payments so your school can benefit from up-to-date equipment now, with no upfront expense
- Warranty and insurance: full parts and labour breakdown warranty. You can also add accidental damage and theft cover as part of the rental, with zero excess.
- Curriculum training: delivered by Apple Training experts, so you can make the most of your iPads
iPads for Education from Utility Rentals helps schools, acadamies, colleges and universities across the UK to acquire Apple iPads through affordable and tailor made rental solutions.
Our team of tablet wizards are fully in tune with the requirements of the education sector and will work in partnership with you to make the process of getting and maintaining iPads for your pupils and staff refreshingly straightforward.
Reach out to us
The legal stuff
Part of the Longriver Group.
Utility Rentals is a trading name of Mileshield Limited
Registered in England No. 1967181
Registered office: Belmont Place, Belmont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 6TB